Make the Roomba a musical instrument!
RoombaMidi2 appears as a MIDI destination called 'RoombaMidi2 In'
to MIDI apps like Ableton Live, Apple Logic or any other sequencer.
The right-hand side lets you select which Roomba to connect to a MIDI channel.
Pick the serial port that corresponds to your Roomba and click the connect button.
If successful, the Roomba will emit a small beep.
The left-hand side lets you control the currently selected Roomba.
A Roomba is assigned to a single MIDI channel.
Connect up a Roomba, use test buttons, send it MIDI!
- note numbers 32-127 (G0 and up):
- notenum is note, played thru beeper
- velocity is duration in number of 1/32s of a second (e.g. 32==1second)
- note number 24 (C0):
- main vacuum, on = non-zero velocity, off = zero velocity (note off)
- note number 25 (C#0):
- blink LEDs, velocity is color of Power LED
- note number 28 and 29 (E0 & F0):
- spin left or right, velocity is speed of spin, note off is stop
- note number 27 and 30 (Eb0 & F#0):
- move forward or backward, velocity is speed, note off is stop
Updates to this and other Roomba hacks are available at
Copyright (c) 2006 Tod E. Kurt, ThingM.